GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS (2018)
As an Independent Civil Celebrant I am responsible for the ceremonial part of the funeral service.
I am committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and comply with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). This states that from 25th May 2018, businesses, regardless of size, are required to obtain explicit consent to process, keep, protect and handle all information relating to their clients. You have the right to access the information you provide; update and correct mistakes and you have the right to ask me to delete your information. This is called ‘the right to be forgotten’.
- I do not sell or rent your personal information to anyone.
- I do not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
- I treat a client’s personal information as highly confidential and so all hard copies of such information are kept securely until after the funeral and shredded within 2 weeks of the service.
- Emails are stored on a secure server and are password protected. Contact details are deleted within 2 months of the service.
- Electronic copies of actual ceremonies are password protected and stored on a secure server, and there are no contact details in those files.